Safe & Warm Somerset – from Centre for Sustainable Energy
Safe & Warm Somerset offers free, practical advice to help make homes warmer, cheaper to heat and to reduce the risk of ill health and hospital admissions. The project is run by the Bristol based charity The Centre for Sustainable Energy (CSE). CSE provides free energy advice via their advice line across the southwest and more in-depth case work is offered to those that need it through its Fuel Poverty and Energy Advisors. They resolve issues relating to Fuel Poverty, Energy Awareness and Home Improvements by;
- Giving energy efficiency advice in order to reduce household energy bills.
- Applying for home improvement grants to combat damp, drafts and heat escaping through walls and ceilings.
- Repairing, replacing or installing new central heating systems using grant funded installers.
- Helping people understand their gas or electricity meters and bills.
- Supporting those in fuel debt to manage it and make their payments affordable.
- Dealing with disputes with energy and water suppliers.
- Developing people’s financial skills and identifying benefits they may be entitled to.
This 5 minuteshows the kind of support offered.