The Link: South Somerset’s Health and Wellbeing Community Hub
The Link has been established by Home Group in partnership with SSDC to provide a hub with the objective to up-skill, empower and connect the community. Available workshops are:
- Me, myself and I: To help find ways of expressing yourself positively and identify triggers to negative emotions.
- Supporting to manage stressful and difficult situations by building emotional resilience.
- Above the influence: Identify positive interventions and behaviours by raising awareness of drug and alcohol use, potential consequences of misuse, complete a self-help plan and where to seek support.
- Personal development: To look at personal goals, volunteering, training and preparing for work.
- Personal budgeting skills: Providing information on budgeting, ways of saving money and complete a budgeting plan.
Groups: Pilates, Creative writing, Art Therapy, Community links (open drop-in), Music sessions and Health and Wellbeing sessions.
Alongside the workshop there is an opportunity to access a tenant accreditation scheme and gain a qualification.
The service is open to anyone but would need to be referred in by specialist agencies such as GP’s, SDAS, Probation, Housing Options, DWP, Social housing providers, anyone that supports individuals with their health and wellbeing.
32 Vicarage Walk, Quedam Centre, Yeovil.