Route 1 Advocacy & Independent Visitor Service
If you are a Child receiving services from Children’s Social Care you could ask for an advocate:-
- if you are worried or upset about something,
- or if things are changing for you – perhaps you are moving placements or going to a new school.
- an advocate can come with you to your review or other meetings about you.
- The Advocates can also help you if you want make a complaint or resolve an issue.
A child In Care is also entitled to an Independent Visitor.
- An Independent Visitor can visit you often.
- Help you with your hobbies and interests
- Explore new ideas and interests